Friendship......I doubt its genuinity

“A real friend is one who walks in when the rest of the world walks out”
 – Walter Winchell


                                                                                                    
Before I begin, I would like to say that I personally am a secluded person and I prefer to avoid unwanted companionship, which is perhaps a personal agenda and not a cue to judge me as a person.
The word “friendship” has quite a deep meaning to it. It is not just two people sharing a laugh on a silly joke or sharing each other’s stationery in a class. It is more than what meets the eye. It is a concoction of love, trust, joy, belief, dependency and many more such adjectives. It is the amalgamation of two individuals’ thoughts and feelings. Friendship is something that is hard to express in words but actions. An act of kindness can be a testimony of companionship; likewise, an act of assistance can also be an intimation to the same. A true friend is like a wine that gets better and better as it ages with time.

Considering myself, I have had quite a few associates or rather “chums” throughout my life, but out of the entire congregation, only a few are worth mentioning. Choosing the right companion is thus a salient aspect of life. My experiences in friendship have been quite extensive and substantial. I have had friends of various traits and genes, some of which still stand strong while some have dwindled due to the agents of duplicity, envy, distrust, hypocrisy and pretense. Taking the names of these acquaintances would only amplify their hatred towards me.

People say that it is better to have a true enemy than a fake friend, but I have a different equation to that. Having a fake friend surely does collateral damage but in turn it pinpoints the realities that the peripheral world has to offer. Having a fake comrade only adds to our knowledge as to how the real world maneuvers.

Over the years, the word “friendship” has lost its depth and magnitude. Today it lacks clarity and prominence. The only thing that floats on the top is egotism and self-obsessiveness.

I would like to end my school of thought by saying that friendship is a sacred bond that needs to be protected and nurtured in all possible ways against all odds because……

“A friend in need is a friend indeed”

Comments

  1. I am literally very jealous of you at this moment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent . Osadharan . Its really too much matured feeling. God bless beta.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sharing your matured thoughts from today onwards I will become your friend. Sharing with friend & caring for friend is the most precious event of Life. Enjoy & nourish friendous life.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

THE CURRENT SCENARIO OF INDIAN JOURNALISM

An illustration of the Post-pandemic scenario

Claustrophobia...Is it that cramped in there?